Jackson Hole Art Auction
130 E Broadway Ave
Jackson, WY 83001
Title: Auction Registrar
Open Date: 3/1/2018
Jackson Hole Art Auction seeks a full-time registrar to join our team in Jackson, WY. Registrar will work closely with the Auction Coordinator and the Auction Partners on a full-time annual basis. Since 2007, the Jackson Hole Art Auction has been recognized as one of the premier art events in the country, defined by the high standard of works offered in a variety of genres including wildlife, sporting, figurative, landscape, and western art by both renowned past masters and contemporary artists. The JHAA is a signature event of Jackson Hole’s annual Fall Arts Festival and attracts collectors from across the country as well as abroad. With locations in Scottsdale, AZ, Jackson Hole, WY, Santa Fe, NM and New York, the auction principals, Trailside Galleries and Gerald Peters Gallery, bring over 100 years of combined experience and expertise to the event.
Duties will include:
• Unpacking and receiving artwork (some heavy lifting required)
• Wall labels and artwork tags
• Data entry and use of AutionFlex software
• Management of crates, shipping materials, and all artwork storage
• Photography of all lots for catalog reproduction, and coordination of all images
• Complete condition reports on all works by deceased artists
• Participate in the catalog layout and editing process and contribute to the essays and written content (dependent upon qualifications)
• Assist with attendee registrations and bids preceding the annual sale
• Oversee all post-sale shipping and logistics
• Answer phones, email inquiries, and interact with clients in the showroom
• Assist with filing, paperwork, and other administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Art History or related field and two years’ experience in an auction, museum, or gallery; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with data entry (AuctionFlex preferred), Microsoft Word, and Excel.
• Basic photography skills (advanced preferred), and basic Photoshop and/or Lightroom experience.
• Art handling experience and knowledge of best practices.
• Attention to detail and ability to self-correct
• Ability to problem solve and work independently
• Professional demeanor and strong people skills
Position begins on March 1, 2018. Please email a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.